New! We’re now offering on-site training in F#. More info here.
Are you new to F#? Try starting here:
- Installation - getting to Hello, World
- Basic Syntax - defining values and functions, decisions, and basic types
Would you like help understanding functional programming? Try these:
- Functional Purity – reaping the benefits of functions with no side effects
- First Class Functions – giving functions more respect and responsibility
- Functional Languages – an overview of the other major functional languages
Looking for advanced topics in F#? Here are some:
- Query Expressions - unified syntax for querying data sources
- Type Providers - automatically producing a data abstraction layer
- Computation Expressions – workflows or pipelines of computation
We also have information on the most commonly used parts of F#. Since many developers don’t have a background in functional programming, we focus on the functional aspects of F#. Check out the tutorials in the following categories:
- Getting Started - installation and basic syntax
- Functional Concepts – functional purity and first-class functions
- Lists - the work horse data structure of functional programming
- Types - tuples, records, and discriminated unions
- Patterns - another essential tool of functional programming
- Functions - lots of flavors including recursive, anonymous, partial, etc.
- Miscellany - mutable, loops, modules, etc.
- Advanced Topics – really cool stuff unique to F#